Below are questions I ask myself when I am assessing your presentations:
- Have you demonstrated that you have thoroughly read, digested, and understood the material you’re presenting on?
- Are all your claims and facts about the reading accurate?
- Are you engaging with the overall themes of the class as we are working through them in class?
- Is your presentation well organized and carefully thought out? Is there a logic to the ideas you’re presenting in the order in which you’re presenting them?
- Do you make eye contact with your classmates? Do you try to avoid reading directly from your notes?
- Have you made an attempt to present the material in a way that is both sophisticated and engaging?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to all these questions, you can be sure you will receive an ‘A’!